Japanese IT peripherals giant Brother fortifies its position in the printer market, particularly among corporate users, by expanding its product line. Its corporate segment currently accounts for 20 percent of the company’s total local revenues while the retail sector accounts for the remaining 80 percent.
To tap the corporate market, Brother recently introduced new color laser and multifunction printers designed specifically for small and medium businesses (SMBs) and large companies. Equipped with Brother’s own print engine, these products feature innovations that address real customer needs – print quality, speed, usability, connectivity, security, network management and administration.
“We see a lot of opportunities in addressing the corporate printer business in the Philippines . The introduction of our new color laser printers and multifunction centers will enable us to break in the market segment that we didn’t focus on before,” declared Toshiaki Isayama, general manager of Brother International Philippines.
Brother has formed corporate sales teams to focus on the corporate market. The company is also conducting regular sales trainings and seminars for its business partners and corporate resellers to equip them with the right tools and strategies.
While the corporate business of Brother is relatively young, the company already has a number of notable distribution partners in the Philippines, particularly Proton, Hytech, Digitron, Solid Business, S1 Tech, TCA, OWH, NEXUS, BisMac and Compufax.
“We aim to increase our growth in the corporate market by as much as 50 percent,” says Isayama. “Our strategy would be gradual and straightforward. We intend to achieve our targets in the corporate sector by 2008.”
Top officials from Brother Japan and New Zealand – Tetsuo Watanabe, Brother International Singapore and Philippines Managing Director and Graham Walshe, Brother International New Zealand Executive Chairman – even visited the Philippines to share best practices and ideas to help the Philippine office succeed in the corporate space.
Brother’s strong heritage of technology and innovation dates back in 1908. Today, Brother is known for its customer-centric products and services inspired by its “At Your Side” motto. Brother has 19 production facilities in 7 countries particularly Japan , U.S.A. , UK , China , Korea , Taiwan , Malaysia and Indonesia . Its R&D Facility is located in Nagoya , Japan . It also has 41 sales facilities in over 30 countries worldwide, with products sold to over 100 countries.