Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd, a market leader and innovator in consumer electronics, has won five prestigious 2009-2010 European Imaging and Sound Association (EISA) Awards, including European Green TV, European WebMedia TV, European Home Theatre Design, European Camera Phone and European Advanced Compact Camera.
The EISA Awards, voted for by editors from top consumer electronics magazines across Europe, recognize the best equipment in the industry across a range of technology categories.
This year’s winners include Samsung UE46B8000 LED TV, Samsung UE40B7000 LED TV, Samsung Home Theatre BD-P4600, Samsung I8910 HD mobile phone and Samsung WB1000 Compact Camera. This is the first time that a new TV category (LED TV) has won two EISA awards at the same time and it is the sixth consecutive year that Samsung has won an award for Home Theatre.
European Green TV 2009-2010: Samsung UE40B7000
• Significantly less energy than traditional LCD TVs
• Smaller and more economic packaging
• Stunning HD pictures
• Ultra-thin panel
The judges particularly noted “full-featured TVs that deliver stunning HD pictures while respecting the environment … advanced LED-based backlight technology uses significantly less energy …. complies with the stricter EEC requirements to come.”
European WebMedia TV 2009-2010: Samsung UE46B8000
• As noted by the Judges, television enters new dimensions of entertainment with Samsung’s ultra-slim edge-lit LED-backlight LCD display
• High-grade picture quality and stylish design, with options and benefits of web services and home networks
• Its USB and DNLA connectivity allows it to handle any kind of media from streaming home servers, camcorders, portable music players, and external FAT or NFTS drives, even in High Definition
• Own on-board content library offers an exciting collection of games, fitness exercises, cooking recipes, art gallery and much more
European Home Theatre Design 2009-2010: Samsung BD-P4600
• World’s slimmest, first wall-mountable Blu-ray player
• Black glossy finish blends into platinum grey to complement Samsung Crystal TV range
• Wireless internet access provided simply by connecting Samsung’s accessory Wi-Fi dongle to the player’s USB 2.20 port
• Support Bonus View for picture-in-picture movie extras and BD Live for a wealth of interactive features
• 1GB of internal storage for downloadable content and multimedia streaming from your PC
• 1080p upscaling
European Camera Phone 2009-2010: Samsung I8910HD
• 3.7” AMOLED touch display
• 8 Megapixel camera
• 24fps@HD (1280 x 720p) Video recording, DLNA & HD TV out (DLNA dongle needed)
• Symbian S60 5.0 (Full Touch UI)
In the official EISA citation the judges stated, “With Samsung I8910HD you get the market’s best camera mobile phone with LED flash, geo-tagging, face detection, smile shot and panorama mode… The strongest point of this device is the large AMOLED touch display …3.7 inch of 360×640 pixel resolution, which provides beautiful 3D graphics and excellent pictures and video quality.”
European Advanced Compact Camera 2009-2010: Samsung WB1000
• World’s first 5x optical zoom with 24mm ultra-wide Schnieder-KREUZNACH lens
• World’s first 3.0″ hVGA+ AMOLED 518,000-dot screen
• Full Manual Mode with professional features seen in SLR cameras
• HD movie recording (720p)
• Smart Auto (Smart Scene Recognition) for perfect shot every time
• Dual Image Stabilsation (Optical + Digital)
According to the EISA judges, “The Samsung WB1000 is an advanced compact camera that features an elegant titanium body………….Still and MPEG4 HD moving images can be reviewed on the camera’s 3in high-quality AMOLED 518,000-dot screen. These features, together with the built-in optical and software-based stabilisation, ensure that high quality images are easy to achieve.”
EISA is an association of 50 magazines with a special interest in multimedia from across 19 European countries including the newest member country, Serbia. It is known internationally for the European EISA Awards and in June each year, the editors from all magazines meet to decide which of the consumer products covered in their publications that year, will receive an EISA award.
There are six categories: Audio, Video, Home Theatre, Photography, Mobile Electronics and Convergence. All winners may carry the EISA mark for the following 12 months reinforcing both their quality and technology leadership.