HP announces its expanded portfolio of imaging and printing devices, solutions and services to help enterprise customers drive efficiency, cost savings and environmental responsibility.
Designed to help enterprise customers optimize and manage their imaging and printing environments and improve document workflows, the new offerings include a new networked printer, extensibility platform capabilities, fleet management software, information management solutions, and five large-format devices.
“With the current economic environment, companies are facing an increasing need to make everything spent count, reduce costs, and increase productivity while promoting eco-saving initiatives. Through HP’s imaging and printing offerings, a growing number of organizations have already been cutting costs and increasing their output efficiency,” said Jenny Sotto-Siquioco, Country General Manager, Imaging and Printing Group, HP Philippines. ”HP’s new and expanded imaging and printing portfolio will enable customers to meet requirements while helping spur long term growth as the economy recovers.”
Secure fleet management of imaging and printing environments
HP’s new high-performance workgroup printer with advanced security features, new management solutions and extensibility platform capabilities enable businesses to reliably, efficiently and cost-effectively maintain an optimized imaging and printing environment. The offerings include:
– Saving up to 50 percent on energy consumption, with HP Instant-on Technology the HP LaserJet Enterprise P3010 Printer series is a high-performance networked printer for businesses needing to print high volumes with added protection for confidential documents on a variety of media types. The printer features advanced security features, including IPsec and hardware security features such as PIN authentication and a hardware integration pocket which allows users to connect and house security card swipe and authentication devices. As part of the HP Eco Solutions program, the new laser printer is ENERGY STAR® qualified and uses significantly less energy than competitive laser printers(2) based on several key environmental attributes listed on the HP Eco Highlights label.
– HP Open Extensibility Platform (OXP) and solution developer kits (SDKs) dramatically simplify the development and deployment of custom imaging and print solutions across HP’s fleet of multifunction products. An industry first, the HP Solution Installer reduces the time and cost of deploying embedded solutions on a fleet of imaging and printing devices – in some cases from days to hours. In addition, OXP adds new management interfaces (OXP-Management) such that IT managers, system integrators and software solution providers can use web services to interact with HP Web Jetadmin to retrieve device information and status alerts.
– HP Web Jetadmin 10.2 helps administrators optimize device utilization, control color costs, set default PIN authentication, secure devices and streamline supplies management for HP and non-HP network peripherals. New features of HP Web Jetadmin 10.2 include enhanced remote management capabilities, improved device discovery and configuration and advanced supplies management that reduces maintenance time and overall device deployment costs. In addition, users can remotely schedule sleep and wake-up modes to conserve power and reduce energy consumption. This year, the earlier HP Web Jetadmin 10 had received the Outstanding Network Device Management Solution award from Buyers Laboratory Inc.
– HP Universal Print Driver 5.0, feature-rich driver that now includes HP EasyColor, which optimizes color printing and improves print performance for image-intensive documents. In addition, users can set printing devices to automatic two-sided printing to reduce paper waste. Features in HP Web Jetadmin and Universal Print Driver software can set an organization’s printers to duplex in a few simple keystrokes, saving up to 25 percent in paper costs.
Optimize imaging and printing infrastructure with new large-format printing choices
HP introduced an expanded large-format printer portfolio that includes a range of new workgroup and multifunction printers and software solutions to improve connectivity, security and fleet management for office users, IT managers and production operators.
New devices include the HP Designjet T1120 SD-MFP, HP Designjet T1120 HD-MFP, HP Designjet 4520 HD-MFP and 4520 Scanner, HP Designjet T1120 Printer series and HP Designjet 4020/4520 Printer series. These offerings can save enterprises up to 15 to 30 percent off total large-format printing costs and provide up to 10 times faster response from click-to-print and improved overall print quality with crisper lines and smoother renders.
For the first time, the HP Web Jetadmin seamlessly integrates the expanded HP Designjet portfolio within existing networks and allows large-format printing devices to be remotely managed as part of a diverse printing fleet. The new large-format printers, MFPs and software are integrated into the HP Managed Print Services (MPS) offerings, enabling customers to reduce printing infrastructure costs, increase uptime and achieve predictable, consistent service delivery across multiple locations.
HP MPS help customers tackle specific business goals – from cost and energy savings to increased efficiency.
The latest Asia Pacific MPS customer is McGrathNicol (Australia), who has reduced IT costs and benefited from an easy-to-use, homogenous printing infrastructure to support its highly mobile workforce through HP Managed Print Services, AutoStore Document Management and HP LaserJet devices. The three-year HP Managed Print Services contract has allowed McGrathNicol to streamline maintenance and increase process efficiencies. AutoStore Document Management has also allowed the company to develop a streamlined expense and invoice processing solution that improves compliance by establishing a clear audit trail. This has allowed McGrathNicol to achieve per capital IT costs that are lower than industry average, as well as increased employee satisfaction.
HP MPS also garnered positive endorsement from industry analyst, Springboard Research. Validating HP’s leadership position, Springboard Research identified HP as the “undisputed market leader”, noting its high solution maturity, regional coverage and brand awareness. According to Springboard Research’s estimates, HP has an estimated market presence of 48%, about twice the presence of the nearest competitor.
Transform document workflows with new and improved information management solutions
HP also unveiled its new and expanded information management solutions to help businesses capture, create, secure, manage, retrieve and deliver documents, helping customers dramatically improve business document processing. Using HP scanning and multifunction devices, enterprise customers can capture and deliver documents digitally – speeding up document-based workflows, eliminating the need for faxing and reducing the amount of paper the organization uses.
Expanded solutions include:
– HP Output Server Solution offers new capabilities, including HP Smart Office Delivery, which delivers documents to all destination channels including printing, faxing and publishing to web and file servers, and HP Inbound Fax, which streamlines and automates the document process to improve inbound fax delivery efficiency. HP Output Server streamlines business processes and workflows by delivering a unified infrastructure that allows enterprises to centrally manage, transform and process business-critical information from any source to any destination – in a paper or digital format.
– HP Delivery Notification Solution for Manufacturing, powered by HP LaserJet MFPs, dramatically improves information shipping, tracking, billing and auditing processes for the manufacturing industry. Using partner software, this solution automates proof-of-goods delivery by scanning and capturing signed paper invoices and routing them through accounts receivable and customer service centers, enabling them to quickly receive status updates. Testament to HP’s continued commitment and investment in delivering vertical-specific solutions for customers, this solution reduces inefficiencies and costs and improves customer satisfaction for manufacturers.
HP Solutions Business Partner Program gains momentum
HP also announced the latest addition of Perceptive Software as a Gold partner in the HP Solutions Business Partner (SBP) Program, addressing specialized customer needs across the Asia Pacific region. Gold partners provide leadership in strategically important imaging and printing solution categories in specific geographies and vertical markets. HP enterprise customers have the option to buy Gold partner solutions and services directly from HP where HP coordinates service delivery between Gold partners and HP’s enterprise customers.
Perceptive Software creates enterprise document management, imaging and workflow software for organizations in a broad range of industries, including the public sector, manufacturing and distribution industries. Its flagship product, ImageNow, puts key documents at business workers’ fingertips, saving organizations time and money, and eliminating the drain on efficiency that comes from manual business activities.
The SBP Program provides enterprise customers with access to the newest technologies and solutions developed by HP’s solutions partners to capture, route, index, store and deliver documents and content more securely and cost-effectively.
HP and the environment
For decades, HP has been an environmental leader, driving company stewardship through its HP Eco Solutions program, which spans product design, reuse and recycling as well as energy and resource efficiency. HP influences industry action by setting high environmental standards in its operations and supply chain by providing practical solutions to make it easier for customers to reduce their climate impact.
More information is available at http://www.hp.com/ecosolutions.