HP is announcing enhancements to its channel-led Managed Print Services (MPS) in Asia Pacific with select channel partners under the HP Office Printing Solutions (OPS) partners program.
With new enhancements, HP is enabling its OPS partners to provide customers with a portfolio of offerings to help them optimize infrastructure, manage their printing environment and improve workflows at a lower cost. These new offerings include:
– A line of hardware, supplies and services products priced and structured specifically for the contractual sales motion
– Certified solutions for the channel that include partner training, product sourcing and technical support for select Independent Software Vendor (ISV) solutions from HP’s Solutions Business Partner Program
– Greater investment in business tools and programs that enable reseller partners to offer MPS to their customers; and
– Updated tools to help customers reduce waste and their impact on the environment through the HP Eco-Solution program
As the first region to start the OPS partner program in April 2008, Asia Pacific launched the OPS partner program, which is designed to help qualified partners get increased access to HP’s imaging and printing portfolio including hardware, services, supplies and solutions. This will enable them to deliver extended value to mid-market and enterprise customers and grow their sales revenue and profitability.
Through this program, HP also encourages its channel partners to move up the certification hierarchy so as to better help HP roll out Print 2.0 capabilities to enterprise customers.
The OPS partner program leverages and extends the success of the current HP Imaging and Printing channel program, while attracting new partners with contractual and solution deployment experience and service network capability.
New Certified Channel Solutions Program
HP is announcing a program to take Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partner solutions from the HP Solutions Business Partner Program that have been certified and make them available to HP reseller partners. HP has one of the leading partner accreditation and certification programs in the industry, investing heavily in ensuring third-party solutions developed by ISV partners integrate efficiently and easily into the user’s environment. HP will offer training, product sourcing and technical support for select solutions from HP’s Solutions Business Partner Program.
This program will initially focus on document capture and workflow, imaging and printing security and job accounting, and device management solutions.
HP has a number of tools for channel partners worldwide, which have been introduced over the last several months that enable them to lower costs for customers and make them more environmentally friendly by emphasizing its importance. These tools include:
– Updated Green IT Action Plan and Green IT Action Plan Workshop
– New Change Management Kit
– Improved Carbon Calculator for Printing 3.0
Existing Partner Level with enhancement to Office Printing Solutions Partners
The criteria and benefits are as follows for OPS partners:
Office Printing Solutions
– Minimum number of pay per use contracts commitment, and hardware/supplies revenue
– IPG Manage Environment and Improve Workflow certifications and training
– HP Certification to qualify as service support partner to carry out break-fix requirements • Office Printing benefits +
– Additional rebates on supplies and service
– Access to funded sales or pre-sales headcount
– Access to full range of HP IPG solutions
– Adding demand generation resources to enable partners