HP announced several new imaging and printing offerings, the expansion of its 25-year relationship with Canon Inc., and enhancements to channel programs to help businesses streamline and integrate paper-intensive processes with digital workflows.
HP’s broad portfolio of products, services and solutions for enterprises, combined with its IT expertise, is designed to transform business processes and drive down costs by optimizing a company’s imaging and printing infrastructure, effectively managing the total imaging and printing environment, and improving and streamlining document workflows.
“HP always strives to help customers evaluate the importance of imaging and printing technology as a strategic asset, while helping them manage printable content,” said Jenny Sotto-Siquioco, Country General Manager, Imaging and Printing Group, HP Philippines. “As businesses convert their systems from paper-based to digital environments, it is important that they leverage on a partnership with HP that knows how to deliver breakthrough imaging and printing with technological know-how.”
The announcements include:
– A new Managed Enterprise Solutions global business unit within the Imaging and Printing Group at HP is committed to building and growing MPS and helping customers drive down costs and improve productivity.
– HP and Canon have expanded their alliance to give HP Managed Print Services (MPS) customers access to the industry’s broadest portfolio of single and multifunction devices.
– Enhancement to channel-led MPS in Asia Pacific with select channel partners named as Office Printing Solutions Partners.
– HP’s largest ever rollout of workflow solutions includes new printing products designed to improve efficiencies and accelerate business results.
“HP Managed Print Services is a valuable tool as it enabled us to allocate printing budget for each department accurately; something that we were unable to do before,” said Dannarjaya Sri., Business Systems Head, PT Unilever Indonesia Tbk. “We decreased the number of printers that we own by 60 percent from the original 550 units, dropped paper consumption by 50 percent and saved 30 percent of printing cost in total.”
HP establishes new global business unit
To further the growth and development of HP MPS, the company announced a new dedicated global business unit, Managed Enterprise Solutions (MES). Globally, led by Bruce Dahlgren, Senior Vice President, and Pierre Mirlesse, Vice President for Asia Pacific and Japan, the organization is structured to streamline HP’s approach to the market and ensure direct customers receive the most comprehensive suite of customizable services, software and solutions integrated with HP’s complete portfolio of intelligent devices – including products from Canon.
The MES leadership team boasts more than 180 years of combined industry experience in the areas of public sector, healthcare, finance, manufacturing and others, and will serve as industry experts customers can rely on to continue to drive down costs and improve productivity.
HP and Canon alliance delivers end-to-end portfolio to meet printing needs
Capitalizing on a highly-successful 25-year relationship, HP and Canon’s expanded alliance combines the enterprise leadership from both companies to maximize benefits for HP MPS customers.
Enterprises now have access to the most complete offering in the industry based on Canon’s wide range of multifunction office systems and HP LaserJet and multi-function printers, HP Web Jetadmin device manageability solutions, IT integration and workflow capabilities from HP.
HP enables channel partners to compete more effectively in imaging and printing market
With new enhancements, HP is enabling its imaging and printing channel partners, under the Office Printing Solutions partner program to provide customers with a portfolio of offerings to help them optimize infrastructure, manage their printing environment and improve workflows at a lower cost.
These enhancements include:
– A line of hardware, supplies and services products priced and structured specifically for the contractual sales.
– Certified solutions that include partner training, product sourcing and technical support for select Independent Software Vendor (ISV) solutions from HP’s Solutions Business Partner Program.
– Greater investment in business tools and programs that enable reseller partners to offer MPS to customers.
– Through the HP Eco Solutions program, HP delivers tools for channel partners to collaborate with customers to help them reduce their environmental impact and save money. The tools include software, hardware, services and expertise, such as the Green IT Action Plan, Change Management kits, and the HP Carbon Footprint Calculator.
Optimize infrastructure to reduce costs
Celebrating the 25th anniversary of the HP LaserJet brand, HP is announcing new sub-branding to help companies select hardware devices best suited for their business needs. Small and midsized businesses can choose from a comprehensive line of HP LaserJet Professional printers that provide professional and cost-effective results. Larger organizations can select from the HP LaserJet Enterprise portfolio for stellar manageability, expandability and features that accelerate business results.
Building on the success of the LaserJet product line, HP introduced new printers, scanners and supplies to enterprises and small and midsize businesses including:
– HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP4520 Printer series, is designed for the performance-oriented customer who wants to share a robust color printer across large workgroups. It includes high-capacity paper handling, advanced security features and ENERGY STAR® compliance.
– HP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP4020 Printer series, including the CP4025, is ideal for IT-managed workgroups that need a network-ready laser printer to produce eye-catching, color business communications and marketing collateral, at an affordable cost and with ENERGY STAR compliance.
– The HP Scanjet Enterprise 7000n Document Capture Workstation, featuring the HP Easy Select control panel and HP Precision Feed Technology, is an easy-to-use, shared, A4 sheet-fed document capture solution with fast, reliable paper handling and superb network manageability for large workgroups and enterprise customers.
– The HP Scanjet Enterprise 9000 Sheet-feed Scanner helps streamline document workflows. Working at speeds up to 60 pages per minute (ppm) and 120 images per minute (ipm), the scanner digitally automates business processes at a touch of a button. In addition, the PC-connected scanner ensures secure archival of hard-copy documents with HP Precision Feed Technology.
– HP Jetdirect ew2500 Wireless Print Server, which enables companies to share printers over a wireless network. Without compromising security or efficiency, it supports Fast Ethernet wired networking with Wi-Fi certification and 802.11b/g wireless capability.
– The HP LaserJet CC364XD Black Dual Pack Print Cartridges for the HP LaserJet P4015 and P4510 Printer series help reduce costs for business that print in high volumes.
Manage environments to increase productivity
Through a strategic approach, HP helps customers identify opportunities to increase profitability and business results. Global technology company 3M renewed a five-year MPS contract with HP after experiencing extensive environmental benefits, increased productivity and significant cost reductions.
“HP has added significant value by reducing our cost and environmental impact over the last five years,” said Ernie Park, chief information officer, 3M. “After reviewing competitive bids, we have determined that HP has the best value in the marketplace and we are pleased to continue our work together.”
New manageability offerings for enterprise printing environments, available to customers through an MPS contract, include:
– HP Imaging and Printing Security Center provides expertise, software and tools to help manage the entire imaging and printing security life cycle through a flexible, policy-based management approach to easily create security policies and monitor print device compliance.
– The reliable line-up of HP Designjet large-format printers can now be offered to enterprises engaged in MPS through base-plus-click contracts.
Improve workflows to accelerate results
With this explosion of digital content, global companies need innovative technology solutions to take control of the abundance of documents and translate their information into useful insight. HP has broadened its printing solutions portfolio to enable companies to move documents faster and seamlessly through digital and physical transitions.
Working with Perceptive Software, a gold partner under HP’s Solutions Business Partner Program, HP is currently implementing a document management and retrieval solution as part of 3M Australia’s order management process. Successful deployment will enable 3M to streamline the handling of purchase orders and other paperwork to speed administration processes and document retrieval capabilities.
With more than 250 enhancements, HP Exstream 7.0 document automation technology for enterprises significantly reduces document development time and production costs to deliver customized customer communications through multiple delivery methods.
Additionally, HP announced its largest ever rollout of new workflow solutions:
– Public Sector
o HP Social Services Case Processing Accelerator helps control critical paper and digital documents in the case management process, reducing error rates.
o HP Courts Case Processing Accelerator enables clerks and court officers to capture and process critical information at the source, helping to streamline the massive influx of paper and digital documents.
o HP Records Processing Solution for Law Enforcement aims to overcome paper-based issues associated with lost or misplaced documents.
o HP Electronic Workflow and Document Management Solution for Education allows education staff and administrators to more securely capture, index, archive and deliver student and personnel related documents.
– Manufacturing & Distribution Industries
o HP Automotive Credit Application Accelerator helps streamline the credit approval process of automotive financial operations.
o HP Manufacturing Time Sheet Collection Accelerator quickly and effectively merges remote workers timesheet data needed for invoicing.
– Services Industries
o HP Account Opening Accelerator for Communications, Media and Entertainment is designed to standardize the customer service contract process for telecom and cable industries.
o HP Insurance Claims Transformation helps insurance carriers reduce cycle times and improve claims handler productivity.
With 14 accredited partners and 45 certified solutions, the HP Solutions Business Partner Program offers a full portfolio of innovative HP and HP-certified partner solutions, which include HP and EPSoft Imaging and Printing Solutions, that include print management, quota control, cost allocation and detailed reporting capabilities.
HP and the environment
For decades HP has been an environmental leader, driving company stewardship through its HP Eco Solutions program, which spans product design, reuse and recycling as well as energy and resource efficiency. HP influences industry action by setting high environmental standards in its operations and supply chain by providing practical solutions to make it easier for customers to reduce their climate impact and through its research on sustainability solutions that support a low-carbon economy. More information is available at http://www.hp.com/ecosolutions.
HP, the world’s largest technology company, simplifies the technology experience for consumers and businesses with a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.