On May 21, 2010, Gigabyte, in cooperation with Asian Technologies Computer Corporation, will be holding the first ever Gigabyte Open Overclocking Championship (GOOC) in the country. With the winner qualifying to be the Philippine representative to the GOOC Pan Asia Regional Championships, the event will be held at the Cyberzone, SM City North EDSA Annex.
Only 10 participants will be chosen to take part in the Philippine GOOC live competition. To qualify, benchmark requirements are as follows:
- SuperPi 1M
- Required Version: SuperPi Mod v1.5
- The screenshot must have open windows of SuperPi and CPU-Z, with CPU-Z showing the processor, motherboard and memory tabs.
- A CPU-Z validation link for the SuperPi 1M run must be included with the submission. The contestant’s name (the name appearing on the submitted entry) must be on the CPU-Z validation page to be qualified.
- Intel Burn Test
- Stress Level: Standard
- Times to Run: 5
- Threads: No Restrictions
- The screenshot must have open windows of Intel Burn Test and CPU-Z, with CPU-Z showing the processor, motherboard and memory tabs.
- A CPU-Z validation link for the Intel Burn Test run must be included with the submission. The contestant’s name (the name appearing on the submitted entry) must be on the CPU-Z validation page to be qualified.
Entries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the following details:
- Full Name:
- Full Address:
- Contact Number:
- Attach the two (2) required screenshots
- Include the two (2) required CPU-Z validation links
- Attach a photo of the platform used
Entries will only be accepted until May 15, 2010 (12MN). Entries received after the deadline will no longer be entertained. Only one entry per participant is allowed. Succeeding entries for a participant will be disqualified.
Final scores are computed by adding the result of the SuperPi 1M run (in seconds) to 1/10th of the score (in seconds) of the Intel Burn Test run. The top 10 contestants with the lowest scores (in seconds) at the end of the submission period will qualify for the live competition.
Those qualified will be contacted via phone and email regarding the details of the competition. A list of the qualifiers will also be posted online.
The GOOC is open to all residents of the Philippines. However, Gigabyte, its affiliates, and partner agencies will not shoulder costs for travel, food, and accommodations for the live competition on May 21, 2010.
The Pan Asia Regional Championships will be held on June 19, 2010. In preparation, the winner will be flown to Taiwan for a special, all-expense paid, overclocking bootcamp before the championships.