HP announced HP QuickPage™, a ground-breaking new service designed to help small and midsize businesses (SMBs) to better optimize their imaging and printing environment and control costs as part of HP’s channel-led Managed Print Services (MPS) offering for SMBs. Modelled after a telecommunications service agreement, HP QuickPage™ provides SMBs with one simple contract through which they gain greater control over costs and more choice in how they engage with HP to better manage their printing environment.
According to a recent study by IDC, the SMB segment represents a prime opportunity for Managed Print Services growth as 44 percent of all SMBs surveyed either currently have or are planning to implement an MPS solution within the next 1-2 years.(1) As such, HP is continuing to identify ways to leverage the enterprise-level expertise of its industry leading business partners to provide SMBs with HP-certified solutions.
Highlights of today’s announcement include:
- HP QuickPage™, a simple, complete contractual service, offering greater printing environment optimization and cost control for SMBs, powered by the InCommand™ portal by HP.
- InCommand™ portal by HP, a cloud-based printing platform, enabling the business ecosystem that automates the selling, financing, ordering, fulfilment and management processes seamlessly for HP’s customers, resellers and finance partners.
“SMB customers are looking for ways to better manage their costs and increase revenues in this new normal economy,” said Armando Pascual, General Manager, Imaging and Printing Group, Hewlett-Packard Philippines. “I am so excited that HP is able to leverage the ‘cloud’ as a means to deliver this ground-breaking new service for our SMB customers and introduce a new business model for our partners to help accelerate their business growth. HP QuickPage™ gives SMB customers what they’re demanding: cost transparency and predictability, improved printer performance, decreased down time, increased IT staff productivity and new opportunities to grow their business.”
HP QuickPage™ helps SMBs control printing costs, increase productivity and streamline business processes
HP QuickPage™ is a simplified contractual print service offering that addresses the SMB customer’s need for predictable print costs and minimal administration with one complete agreement covering hardware, installation, supplies and support.
With HP QuickPage™, the company is targeting SMB customers who are focused on growing their businesses and decreasing their day-to-day costs. Through this streamlined service, SMB customers will have the ability to purchase new HP printers, HP supplies and HP support at an affordable cost—and to manage these printers with very low touch and investments of time and resources from within. Important IT resources can then be refocused on projects that increase revenue versus spending time managing daily printing needs.
The offering is an ‘all-in’ page-centric model, much like that of a telecommunications service contract, through which customers select the appropriate HP Printer or Multifunction Printer (MFP) and the monthly volume of pages to be printed based on their expected usage. SMB customers can choose from several different printer or MFP configurations and pay for the service in predictable payments over a 3-year time span, providing maximum predictability. HP also provides customer support via installation and next-day break-fix service through HP Care Pack services.
With HP QuickPage™, SMB customers can benefit from:
- Reduced capital expenses
- Predictable and transparent monthly cost for hardware, service and supplies
- The ability to control costs, using up-to-the-minute printer usage information
- Increased employee productivity through improved availability of printing resources
- Less pressure on IT resources so they can focus on other business application tasks
- Original HP Supplies – toner and long life consumables – for high-quality output and reduced downtime
- Simple supplies ordering and account management through a personal account webpage
HP QuickPage™ is also an opportunity for resellers to make a low-cost entry into the MPS market with ready-made infrastructure from HP, with benefits such as:
- Revenue and margin increases through additional supplies and service sales
- Opportunities to increase customer touch
- Improved annuity revenue streams through customer contracts
- More profitability through increased efficiencies
- Performance-based incentives and customer programs
HP introduces ground-breaking cloud-based printing platform for HP channel partners and SMBs
To support HP QuickPage™, HP has also developed the InCommand™ portal, a cloud-based printing platform that enables HP channel partners to more easily and cost effectively quote, construct, manage and deliver simple contractual print services for SMBs.
With the InCommand™ portal, HP channel partners who want to sell MPS contracts to SMB customers, but do not have the internal infrastructure or capabilities to sell simple MPS contracts today, will be able to sell MPS contracts in a low-touch, low-cost, low-investment transaction. With this offering, HP is creating more opportunities for HP channel partners to capture additional contractual sales that they otherwise would not capture in their current go-to-market sales methodologies and motions.
Via the InCommand™ portal, integrated business operations are managed centrally and seamlessly, and resellers can easily subscribe to business outsourcing services that support the management of contracts and services they sell to their customers.
InCommand™ portal is also a valuable tool for HP QuickPage™ customers, who can easily order supplies and access real-time status information via a web-based portal interface, which means greater printer uptime and transparency for better managing expenses.