Avaya, a global provider of business communications and collaboration systems and services, today announced the availability of Avaya Flare® Communicator for iPad tablets. Avaya Flare Communicator broadens the next-generation user experience of the Avaya Flare Experience currently delivered on the Avaya Desktop Video Device, to include the market-leading consumer tablet. Avaya Flare Communicator provides mobile workers with secure, next-generation, unified communications and collaboration capabilities over both Wi-fi and 3G networks.
Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad tablets is enabled by the Avaya Aura® unified communications architecture, which delivers integrated applications to a broad range of fixed and mobile devices. Today, Avaya takes secure mobile collaboration a step further by making the Avaya Flare Communicator a download from the Apple App Store. Additional consumer devices and operating systems will be supported later this year.
Avaya Flare Communicator provides employees and their companies with the following capabilities and benefits:
- View the availability of enterprise associates from the contacts card and simply tap a single location to launch an instant message (IM), voice call or email
- Manage two simultaneous voice calls using the iPad while mobile
- Multi-task on the iPad tablet while communicating, e.g. read email, attend a web conference and use the iPad browser, and attend a voice conference call and IM, or use other productivity applications
- Search the corporate directory and add associates to the Avaya Flare Communicator contacts fan for easy access
- Engage in secure communication and collaboration remotely using wi-fi hotspots or 3G connectivity
- Reduce mobile expenses by using the data channel and avoiding roaming charges while traveling across different cellular networks
Big Savings for Advanced Collaboration
The Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad tablets is a free download for users from the Apple App Store. Businesses with Avaya Aura 6.1 or later can obtain up to 50 Avaya Aura client access licenses at no cost to connect users to Flare Communicator during an introductory offer from January 24 through April 30.
Customers with Avaya Aura 6.1+ can also take advantage of a new Executive User Add-on promotion that enables power mobile collaborators to have consistent access to all of their real-time communications as their day-to-day needs change. The promotion offers 60 percent savings on the regular US list price and includes: Avaya Aura, Avaya Aura Conferencing, Avaya Flare Experience on the Avaya Desktop Video Device, Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad and services. The promotion is available from February 6 through September 30.
Finally, for businesses that want to move quickly to provide advanced mobile collaboration capabilities on older or other vendor systems, the Avaya Mobile Collaboration Pack is a turnkey mobile solution package that includes Avaya Aura, Avaya Flare Communicator for iPad for 50 users, Avaya one-X® Mobile for 50 users plus implementation, training, along with 1 year support and upgrade subscription.
The Avaya Flare Experience and ADVD recently received the 2011 Product Innovation Award for Global Videoconferencing Endpoints from Frost and Sullivan.