Adobe Systems Incorporated recently announced the ultimate toolkit for design, web and video professionals with the unveiling of Adobe® Creative Suite® 6 product line. Powerful new releases of 14 CS6 applications and four Creative Suites – Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard, Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium; and Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection – drive home Adobe’s continued innovation across creative markets.
“Designers get a ton of innovation with CS6 with milestone release across all our flagship products,” said David Wadhwani, senior vice president, Digital Media at Adobe. “With CS6, we’re also introducing new products, new mobile workflows and advanced publishing capabilities that show we are laser-focused on ensuring design, web and video pros have everything they need for the delivery of high-impact content and apps.”
The release is particularly significant for the large Philippine creative community, which contributes nearly five percent to the gross domestic product (GDP) and employs more than 10 percent of the labor force. The Philippine national government has called out the importance of this sector to the prosperity and development of the nation, encouraging a strong collaboration between government agencies and the private sector to create new policies, initiatives, and programs attuned to global trends.
“Adobe’s vision is to change the world through digital experiences. This release builds on our reputation as a software innovator by empowering Philippine creatives with the unprecedented ability to bring their vision to life and manage how and where it is delivered to the end audience – whether on smartphones, tablets, the desktop or through traditional media,” said Mark Phibbs, Senior Director Marketing, Adobe Systems, Asia Pacific. “Adobe is a leading provider of HTML tools, enabling designers to work efficiently and effectively, creating across devices and platforms such as iOS, Android, Windows Mobile or Symbian.”
Nigel Harper, Director of ESPN Player, manages a team responsible for streaming ESPN STAR Sports programming to online audiences globally across multiple platforms. A customer of Adobe Digital Marketing and Digital Media solutions, he welcomed the launch, saying “Creative Suite 6 can help us present reactive interface designs, adapting the content as it appears on both small and larger viewing screens that our audience members use to engage with ESPN STAR Sports programming, news and social media, according to the devices used within our end-to-end operations and service ecosystem.”
Mr Adrian Tecson, Managing Director of Underground Logic, an Adobe customer in Philippines, was part of an international pre-release program trialing the powerful new solution. “Adobe Production Premium CS6’s blazingly fast performance and seamless integration between our most-used tools streamlines our workflow and creative process from pre-production planning to final delivery. As a leading post-production house, we can achieve high quality output well above international standards while working within tight deadlines. The addition of exciting new features in CS6 such as professional color grading and audio will definitely give us an edge over our competitors.”
Major CS Upgrades and All-New Muse Anchor Landmark Launch for Designers
The performance and workflow enhancements in Adobe Photoshop CS6 (see separate press release), InDesign CS6 and Illustrator CS6 will result in significant time savings for print, web and mobile projects.
* In Photoshop CS6, designers will experience incredible performance, powered by the Adobe Mercury Graphics Engine, enabling near instant results from essential editing tools, including Liquify, Puppet Warp, Transform and Lighting Effects.
* Adobe has built on Photoshop’s breakthrough Content-Aware capabilities with advanced new Content-Aware Patch and Content-Aware Move features.
* Illustrator CS6 debuts a revamped modern interface and features include a new Image Tracing Engine, Pattern Creation and Gradient Strokes. The Mercury performance system delivers speed and stability, including 64-bit support for Mac OS and Windows.
* InDesign CS6 continues to blaze a trail in publishing, streamlining the creation of multiple layouts from a single set of content with new Adaptive Design Tools – Alternate Layout, Liquid Layout, Content Collector Tools and Linked Content.
* A brand new application, Adobe Muse, a radical new tool that enables designers to create and publish HTML5 web sites without writing code, was also announced today.
Adobe Doubles-Down on HTML5 Tooling for Web Professionals
Innovative new workflows and capabilities across Adobe tools simplify the creative process for today’s web designers, developers and interactive professionals.
* Web pros can conveniently integrate HTML5 animations, created with Adobe Edge Preview, into their Dreamweaver projects, driving home Adobe’s leadership in tooling for the HTML5 web standard.
* Dreamweaver CS6 addresses the challenge of responsive web designs with the ability to build fluid grid layouts replacing the tedious manual process of creating and configuring separate CSS-based interfaces for phone, tablet and desktop.
* Through direct integration with Adobe’s recently announced PhoneGap Build service, Dreamweaver CS6 helps round out a Web professional’s skillset and enables them to produce native mobile applications for multiple platforms.
* Flash Professional CS6 users can easily translate and transition their skills to HTML5 using the Flash Professional Toolkit for CreateJS. Flash Professional CS6 also helps designers to create exciting and impactful gaming experiences and advancements include the ability to generate sprite sheets that improve workflows and performance.
* Pre-built native extensions and new packaging options, leveraging the latest Adobe Flash Player and AIR runtimes, help expand and ease app delivery to Android and iOS devices.
Production Premium CS6 Pushes Boundaries of Video Creativity
Redesigned by and for video editors, with major performance enhancements, the tools included in Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium set a new standard in professional video.
* With dozens of new features Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 is the hub of any professional video workflow, featuring a sleek new editing environment. The powerful Adobe Mercury Playback Engine now supports OpenCL on MacBook Pros.
* The most significant After Effects release in a decade, After Effects CS6 is faster and more responsive than ever. With Global Performance Cache, previews are saved and ready to go— cutting the time spent bouncing between projects.
* New to Production Premium are Adobe® Prelude™ CS6, which streamlines logging and ingest workflows in post-production, and Adobe SpeedGrade, which contains powerful finishing tools for film finishing and color grading.
* Adobe Audition CS6 accelerates audio post-production: real-time clip stretching makes it simple to stretch clips to fit an edit; and Automatic Speech Alignment introduces a powerful new engine for automated dialogue analysis.
* A new 3rd party API for hardware integration – Adobe Mercury Transmit – allows broadcast video monitoring to connect directly into the Mercury Playback Engine via third-party cards from AJA, Blackmagic Design, and Matrox.
Adobe also today launched Adobe Creative Cloud in selected countries, a radical new way of providing tools and services that will change the game for creatives worldwide by providing a hub for making, sharing, and delivering creative work.
“The urge to be creative is ubiquitous, and harnessing the creative spark, in everybody from school children to creative pros, has never been more important“, said Shantanu Narayen, CEO at Adobe. “Everyone has the potential to create, and wherever, whenever inspiration strikes, Adobe will be there to help capture, refine and publish your ideas.”
Pricing and Availability
Adobe Creative Suite 6 products and Adobe Creative Cloud are scheduled to be available within 30 days and can be pre-ordered now. They will be available through Adobe Authorized Resellers and the Adobe.com Southeast Asia store at http://shop.adobe.com/sea/. Adobe Store price for the Creative Suite products are expected to be PHP138,076 for CS6 Master Collection, PHP100,902 for CS6 Design& Web Premium, PHP69,038 for CS6 Design Standard, and PHP100,902 for CS6 Production Premium. Upgrade pricing and volume licensing are available. Pricing does not include local taxes and may be subjected to currency fluctuations.
Education pricing for students, faculty and staff in K-12 and higher education is available from Adobe Authorized Education Resellers. For more information regarding education volume licensing for higher education and K-12 institutions please visit: http://www.adobe.com/sea/education.html.
For more detailed information about features, OS support, upgrade policies, pricing and international versions please visit: http://www.adobe.com/sea/products/creativesuite.html.
The Adobe Southeast Asia community can connect with the Adobe team and other creative professionals and enthusiasts directly on Facebook for local news, updates and promotions at http://www.facebook.com/AdobeSEA.