HP today expanded its industry-leading computing portfolio with more than 30 new products engineered to address the design, reliability, security and performance demands of end users and IT departments across businesses of all sizes.
Among the products announced are:
- New UltrabookTM systems for business — including the HP EliteBook Folio 9470m, HP’s first no-compromise Ultrabook™ for business users — which deliver the style and simplicity users demand, combined with security and manageability to help businesses keep control of their IT.
- HP EliteBook p-series notebooks that are designed to MIL-STD 810G testing for vibration, dust, altitude, temperature and drops.(1) The new series features the HP EliteBook 2170p, the smallest, lightest HP business notebook, as well as new additions to the highly configurable HP ProBook b-series and the redesigned HP ProBook s-series.
- Four desktop PC series—the HP Compaq Pro 4300 Business Desktop and All-in-One PC, the HP Compaq Pro 6300 and the HP Compaq Elite 8300— balancing secure manageability, flexibility and trusted reliability.
- New commercial displays, including the HP Compaq L2206tm multitouch-enabled monitor and the HP Compaq LA2405x LED backlit monitor.
- New software solutions, including HP Premier Image(2) for a clean and fast user experience with streamlined deployment and HP BIOS Protection,(3) which offers hardware-level protection to help against virus attacks and other security threats to meet National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) guidelines.“Our business customers today are challenged not only with competitive and economic pressures, but also an onslaught of IT-based issues such as the consumerization of IT and the management of exponential data growth,” said Dan Forlenza, Vice President and General Manager, Commercial Client Segment, HP. “With innovative, reliable hardware designs and predictive software technologies, these additions to HP’s award-winning commercial products portfolio make it easier for customers to keep their businesses running securely and efficiently.”On-the-go productivity, durability and reliability
Designed from the ground up for business users, the HP EliteBook Folio 9470m Ultrabook™ combines the sleek, lightweight design users crave with the business features and reliability IT demands. Measuring 19mm thin and weighing in at just over 1.63 kilos,(4) this 14-inch diagonal Ultrabook™ offers enterprise-class docking capabilities and security features, and boots quickly from sleep.In addition to a full array of ports and connectivity options for built-in 4G wireless WAN(5), Ethernet, VGA, DisplayPort and USB 3.0, the Ultrabook™ offers the option for a secondary battery that provides extended run time.(6) The HP EliteBook Folio 9470m offers long life cycles and stable, consistent images, making it easy to buy and deploy. The Ultrabook™ is also available in consistent global configurations that allow for product standardization in up to 151 countries as a part of the HP Global Series Program.
The sleek HP ENVY SpectreXT Pro and HP ENVY Pro Ultrabook™ also deliver Microsoft Windows® 7 Professional(7) for business productivity, providing an answer to the “consumerization of IT” trend. The HP ENVY SpectreXT Pro offers an embedded TPM security chip(7) that helps protect data in email as well as information on the solid state drive for security-conscious users. All three Ultrabooks™ also feature for separate purchase, optional a-band wireless capabilities(8) and optional three-year limited warranties (subject to additional costs).
The HP EliteBook 2170p is the company’s smallest and lightest-weight business notebook. Ideal for road warriors, the new 11.6-inch diagonal notebook weighs 1.31-kilos, yet still supports enterprise-class connectivity, security and management features. With up to eight hours of battery life,(5) the HP EliteBook 2170p is also compatible with the common docking stations used across the HP business notebook portfolio for maximum efficiency.
The new HP EliteBook 2570p steps up to a 12.5-inch-diagonal high-definition (HD)(10) display and also packs an optical drive and extensive connectivity options, for great ultraportable productivity. Also new today, the HP 2570p Docking Station and a long-life battery support the HP EliteBook 2570p with advanced features for maximum productivity.
The HP EliteBook 8470p and 8570p premier business notebooks offer business-critical durability, manageability and security features as well as expanded battery options, including an HP EliteBook 8470p configuration that delivers one of the best battery lives in the industry — up to 36 hours of run time on a single charge when combined with the optional HP Ultra Extended Life Notebook Battery.(11) The notebooks respectively tout 14- or 15.6-inch diagonal displays and deliver smooth audio quality from SRS Premium Sound PRO, which is available across the HP EliteBook p-series for crisp, powerful sound directly from the notebook.
All of the new HP EliteBooks also employ HP’s design framework, which embodies a timeless construction. Precision-engineered durability features are designed with the environment in mind, and the four systems also sport third-generation Intel®® Core™ processors(12) for great performance and impressive battery life.
The new, highly configurable HP ProBook b-series mainstream notebook PCs offer 14- or 15.6-inch diagonal displays with UMA or discrete graphics. Protected by a durable case with a wear-resistant tungsten-colored finish, the HP ProBook b-series also helps keep data safe with the HP 3D DriveGuard,(13) which helps the notebooks withstand the bumps common with mobile use. Intel® vPro Technology(14) provides enhanced IT manageability capabilities on the HP ProBook 6470b and 6570b, and the HP ProBook 6475b delivers the latest AMD technology for affordable business productivity.
Sporting a new industrial design, the HP ProBook s-series notebook PCs provide easy-to-use security for small and medium businesses, combined with an aluminum casing that strengthens the exterior. Measuring 13.3- to 17.3-inches diagonally, the notebooks offer multimedia capabilities for videoconferencing in the office and entertainment consumption after hours in both Intel® and AMD-based configurations.
Designed to enhance HP notebook platforms and business productivity, HP is debuting a range of new business notebook accessories. HP Docking Stations and HP Advanced Docking Stations offer expansive connectivity for a true desktop experience, with convenient port replication, USB 2.0 and 3.0 compatibility, an upgrade bay for additional storage, and battery charging.(15)
HP Port Replicators enable quick access to USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices and expand productivity with a connection to one or two external displays — all through a single USB cable.(15) New wireless and USB keyboards and mice also stylishly complement HP notebook platforms and help create a total workspace solution at the desk.
Flexible desktop solutions for increased business productivity
The latest all-in-one desktop solution for businesses, the HP Compaq Pro 4300 All-in-One is HP’s most space-efficient commercial all-in-one built for business-class performance with the latest PC technologies. The versatile design is equipped to collaborate with multimedia-rich features and impressive graphics, as well as smart connectivity enhancements like a serial port and expandable storage, including solid state and self-encrypting hard drives. It features a 20-inch diagonal, LED backlit display and is powered by the latest third-generation Intel® Core processors(11) and Intel® HD Graphics.
Ideal for small businesses, the space-saving HP Compaq Pro 4300 Small Form Factor Desktop PC offers the latest Intel® processors backed by affordable, business-class quality and reliability.
The HP Compaq Pro 6300 Series offers proven technologies combined with the right blend of expansion capabilities and deployment options. The latest Intel®® processors and integrated Intel®® HD Graphics in two chassis options also provide optimal performance. All of the new HP business desktops also feature a choice of optional discrete graphics solutions from AMD and NVIDIA.
HP’s top-of-the-line commercial tower PCs, the HP Compaq Elite 8300 Series, incorporates the latest management, security and expansion with a premium support experience through the unique HP Elite service program. A broad portfolio of available chassis options and the latest Intel®® processors are designed to match the needs and deployment scenarios of businesses.
Designed for high-traffic, customer-facing areas and users who benefit from multi-touch capabilities, the new HP Compaq L2206tm 21.5-inch diagonal LED backlit monitor features optical touch performance with three sensors for on-the-spot touch recognition. The display supports finger input or passive stylus input for improved precision in drawing and handwriting applications, plus height, tilt and pivot adjustments.
The HP Compaq LA2405x monitor delivers 24-inch-diagonal high-quality viewing; comfort-focused height, tilt, swivel and pivot adjustments; and smart connectivity with brushed-aluminum design accents that complement the design of HP’s business desktops. The widescreen display offers full HD(9) 1,920 x 1,200 resolution screen and LED technology that enables a thin profile and solid-state reliability.
Professional Innovations for a simplified, secure computing experience
HP business PCs incorporate an array of hardware features and software solutions designed to enhance security, improve ease of use, and help ensure reliability while keeping the environment in mind. The new HP Premier Image(2) includes the full suite of HP EliteBook business software and anti-virus protection, while eliminating trial-ware and other distractions. The cleaner image eases business PC IT deployment, management and support.
HP also includes multi-layered client security features that help safeguard data, devices and user identities. The latest addition to the HP Client Security portfolio is HP BIOS Protection,(3) which offers hardware-level protection to help against virus attacks and other security threats. An advanced set of security policies alert IT to unauthorized changes to the system BIOS, detects possible corruption or attack, and then automatically reverts to a functional state to help prevent data loss, reduce downtime and lower IT support costs.
Pricing and availability in APJ(15)
- The HP EliteBook Folio 9470m is expected to be available in October 2012. Pricing will be announced at a later date.
- The HP ENVY SpectreXT Pro Ultrabook™ and HP ENVY Pro Ultrabook™ start at approximately US$1099 and US$849, respectively, and are expected to be available in June 2012.
- The HP EliteBook 2170p and HP EliteBook 2570p start at approximately US$1399 and US$1299, respectively, and are expected to be available in July 2012. The HP EliteBook 8470p and 8570p start at approximately US$1199 and are expected to be available in June 2012.
- The HP ProBook 6470b and 6570b start at approximately US$899, the HP ProBook 6475b starts at approximately US$799 and the HP ProBook s-series starts at approximately $799. (All three HP ProBook series are expected to be available in June.)
- The HP Compaq Pro 4300 All-in-One starts at approximately US$529 and is expected to be available in Asia in July 2012. The HP Compaq Elite 8300 and HP Compaq Pro 6300 start at approximately US$999 and US$799, respectively, and are expected to be available in June 2012. The HP Compaq Pro 4300 SFF starts at approximately $499 and is expected to be available in July 2012.
- The HP Compaq LA2405x starts at approximately US$299 and is expected to be available in May 2012. The HP Compaq L2206tm starts at approximately US$279 and is expected to be available in June 2012.
- The company also unveiled new Ultrabooks™, consumer PCs and business computing and printing solutions, demonstrating its commitment to providing the latest personal computing technology to its customers.