EMC and VMware extended their long-standing partnership with a new sales and development agreement designed to deliver offerings that combine comprehensive storage intelligence with the analytics and infrastructure visualization of VMware vCenter Operations. As part of the expanded relationship, the two companies will deliver:
- EMC VNX Storage Analytics Suite, based on VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite, will offer capabilities such as storage performance and capacity optimization and SLA improvement through analytics and diagnostics.
- EMC VNX Connector will provide VNX storage metrics and configurable dashboards within VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite.
Customers today are evolving in the way they manage their IT infrastructures as more organizations virtualize their business-critical applications. With this shift, organizations must address siloed infrastructure management and high end-user expectations of performance and uptime, as well as increase optimization and efficiency while reducing costs. With today’s news, EMC and VMware have jointly developed and will deliver solutions to help with this transition.
Introduces Storage Performance and Capacity Analytics
- The EMC VNX Storage Analytics Suite enables storage operations management with customizable, intuitive dashboards. It will support block and file storage as well as displayEMC Fully Automated Storage Tiering (FAST™) Cache configuration and performance, and FAST VP (FAST for Virtual Pools) tiers and policies.
Extends Visibility Across IT Infrastructure
- VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite provides holistic visibility and understanding of the virtual environment leading to optimization across compute, storage and network. New integration with EMC VNX Connector for VMware vCenter Operations Management Suite will marry VNX storage metrics with VMware vCenter Operations capabilities such as intuitive, configurable dashboards with drill down, health alerts and patented analytics.
Improves Storage Efficiencies and Faster Troubleshooting and Resolution
- These solutions will offer deep storage intelligence and analytics that enable proactive storage performance and capacity optimization across physical and virtual environments. Additionally, customers can maintain service levels by quickly troubleshooting performance abnormalities and immediately remediating errors.