Research In Motion (RIM) announced its first simultaneous Asia Pacific (APAC) wide Hackathon – BlackBerry JamHack.
BlackBerry JamHack is scheduled to take place in ten different cities across APAC over two consecutive weekends. Winning teams from each city will then have the opportunity to represent their country at the JamHack finals that will take place at BlackBerry Jam Asia on 29th-30th November 2012.
The 40-hour event will provide an opportunity for four-member teams of developers, UI designers, and/or marketers to work on apps for BlackBerry 10. To ensure that each team is properly equipped for the challenge, they will be backed with round the clock support from RIM’s Developer Relations team.
Throughout the event, the RIM team will be sharing market insights tailored to the respective cities so developers can develop market-relevant as well as globally attractive apps. In addition, the two days will also include community ‘sharing’ sessions aptly names as JamBytes. During these sessions, participants will have the chance to learn tips and tricks related to the BlackBerry 10 platform, advice on how to enhance their BlackBerry 10 applications, as well as commercial strategies for marketing apps through BlackBerry App World.
BlackBerry JamHack 2012 happens in ten major Asia Pacific cities, as follows:
• Jammin’ on Oct 12-14, 2012: Delhi, Bangalore, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Manila (GMT+5.5 to +8)
• Jammin’ on Oct 19-21, 2012: Ho Chi Minh City, Bangkok, Melbourne, Shanghai, Jakarta (GMT+7 to GMT+10)
In the Philippines, it will start on October 12, 10pm, at the Alphaland Southgate Mall, (6F, Boracay and Balesin Function Rooms), Pasong Tamo Extension corner EDSA, Makati City.
Winners of the JamHack competition
The ten winning teams that come from each city’s event will receive an all-expenses paid trip to BlackBerry Jam Asia in Bangkok. At BlackBerry Jam Asia, the teams will have the opportunity to represent their city and compete at the Asia Pacific Finals. Not only will each team be assessed by a panel of judges, but attendees of BlackBerry Jam Asia will also be able to cast a vote to identify the most compelling winner
The winning team identified at BlackBerry Jam Asia in Bangkok on 29th-30th November, will win the grand prize of:
• US$10,000 in cash
• All-expense paid trip to BlackBerry 10 global launch
• BlackBerry App World™ marketing for 2 months following the BlackBerry 10 launch in Asia, Middle East and Africa (where applicable) plus 1 week marketing in North America, Latin America and Europe (where applicable)
• Dedicated technical & business consultancy for up to three months after the launch of BlackBerry 10 in the team’s market